Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine Isn't Over Yet!

Finally this is the very first week of my school holiday! Even though, my work is still running. Beh… Yeap! True… this is another sorrowful life of a student, a teacher and a journo at the same time.

I remember last year’s Valentine’s Day was good. I was in love with someone and yet I celebrated with my students. That time, I was two-month-old employee. I ordered some special chocos for my students and staffs from a friend of mine who happened to be a homemade choco entrepreneur, Dyana.

This year, I haven’t celebrated it. So, maybe in the first week of March. Sooo late… I know.
Now, I’m going to show you my card for V-day. It isn’t saying clearly about V-day or asking someone to be a valentine, well at least, the word and the shape have spoken more than enough.


The card is made from very simple materials. No card-stock. I used a carton paper and I covered it with special paper with butterfly hologram on it. I thought it’s cute and lovely. I made a heart shape with purple beads I often played with when I was a child. Hehehe… And the purple beads kinda have 2 different colours on each side. I mean, those two sides are purple, but one side is lighter and the other one.


The LOVE letters. I made it myself with the same paper for the background and coloured it with pink copic markers (R83) and grey one (T6) for the borders. Below, I put some pink sticker of cloud shape.
To be honest, I’m quite relieved it’s done, but somehow I’m kinda disappointed, too. Doesn’t look like what I expect: less-expressive and lack of creativity. Don’t you think?

Anyway, I’m going to share it for the challenge on The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog. I’ve seen other bloggers share their cards and they’re so lovely.



This is the first challenge I've ever been into. So excited...

...what happens in my bedroom, stays in my bedroom...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card!!! I love the butterflies. Sure you should enter it into the challenge! Be proud of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! You're most welcome to leave some of your loveable words...