Friday, March 4, 2011

Exotic Father on My Mailbox



Anyway, besides for sending packages, what does post office work for? Mostly people send emails, e-cards, and even money through internet. We forgot the way the postman bring all the letters into a big sack with motorcycle, running door to door. Somehow, we still have a mailbox in our front garden. Some mails are still coming to it. Everymonth, some credit card bills and offers come to the mailbox. Before I started to be penpal, I never care of what's inside the mailbox in my house coz there will be nothing for me. Since high school, I did.


I don't know what makes snail mail interesting to me. Born in fast-developing technological era, I got used to something fast that leads to my quick personality and demanding instant reaction.
When an envelope and a letter within arrive to my mailbox, it's exciting for me to get it and take it inside with me. If my name is written in the front side of the envelope, I would scream for joy and I can even stare at it for hundred times. Mostly, I would read it a few times and hang it on my personal wall scrapbook. Freak me? Although it takes time and make you crazy for waiting for it to arrive, the longing gives me some kind of feeling that I always want for more. Especially when it comes by surprise, don't ask, I would scream louder, top of my lungs.

The recent snail post that come to my house is the one you see at the top of this post. This is from @tulisantulus, he designed it himself. It's written: EXOTIC FATHER - kini pria maskulin diproduksi terbatas, Anda tentu ingin, kan? (translations: nowadays masculine man is limitedly produced, you surely want one, don't you?) My mom saw this and got confused, what's that? Then she laughed. It's all typos coz Tulus is a copywriter, so it's all 'texts'. I assume why there are some parts covered in black, as if they're mistakes, is because to design a concept, it takes lots of corrections to make it become perfect. Well, correct me if I'm wrong. Hehehe... 

From all of it, the most exciting thing to know is that I have a friend who shares the same interest: design a card. I'm willing to reply him with my own design, but I haven't got an idea. 

Maybe, scrapbook style? Soon....

Taken with my webcam, it's blur! *sigh*




...what happens in my bedroom, stays in my bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! You're most welcome to leave some of your loveable words...