Monday, March 7, 2011

First Jazz Concert Experience

YES, I did go to the JavaJazz. This was my first JavaJazz, I was so excited. I love Jazz so much, and other music genre as well. But what made me wanna go so bad is that it's been years the festival has been held and years ago, for 2 or 3 years in a row, the one of the 3 day show always fall on my birthday, March the 9th. But recent years, not anymore.

This year the festival fell on 4, 5, and 6 March 2011. It took place in JI Expo, so it's soooo big. Yet, it was still crowded. You should wait in the queue an hour earlier to get a space to stand before the stage. Crazy!

I can tell you how exhausting it was:
  • You need to queue for almost everything. Even in the toilet! One funny moment is when I saw a girl, who couldn't any longer to pee, forced herself to get inside the men's toilet!
  • The place is very big and there's no map for you to go around. The map is only on certain spot. For you who have short term memory like I do, be prepared to take pics with your cellphone of the map.
  • There's a possibility where you might get lost.
  • Each stage is very big. To hopping stage will take time and energy. Worse if you wear high heels.
  • The girls wear big bags and their bags can push you to the ground. Gosh... it's concert! What do you girls bring?
  • If you don't drive, you need to have 1 kilo walk in and another one kilo out.
  • Don't bring any water or food, they will force you to drink all of them just like at the airport. And you can get a bottle of water that cost Rp 15.000 each, while usually it's only Rp 3.000! So, occasional inflation happens at times like this!
Anything nice? We got this....


STARBUCKS..........................
But still... queuing of course. And I met my lecturer while queuing! Hahahaha.... what a surprise!



The first show I attended by unpurposedly is Brian Culbertson. He's so damn handsome and sexy. His music is cool, jazz/funk. And the second was CORRINNE!

Oh, I've been waiting for her show! Her show was sooo crowded, big and long queue formed an hour before the show started. Sadly, I didn't bring my DSLR camera, only cellphone, so not much good pictures I can share.

Brian Culbertson - It's nice jazz you might enjoy it. Very touchy. It's funk.




Corrine Bailey Rae - Cute girl who is always smiling after singing one song. She got a deep appreciation while singing her music and you're just gonna love her!








I have 3 day pass and also for Santana's special show on Saturday. So Friday for Corrine and Saturday for Santana. But I came only on Friday, and got a 3 day drama instead at home on Saturday, so I didn't get the chance to see Santana and other. I locked myself crying as my mom didn't allow me to go. PS I'm 20, going to 21 in a few days, and I still need my mom's permission to leave. 

What upset me was... my mom even asked me what's the fun of going to such kind of festival? I was like... huh? This is my first festival, after yearning to go for years. You can count how many times I go having fun except going to the mall (and it's also just a few times) in a year! After working and taking classes and all... how many times in a year I can have such fun? Ugh....

So I locked myself crying in my room on that Saturday night. On Friday, I got a terrible news at work and I decided to leave my work. More about it on my blog. I could escape the crying scene of mine by going to that festival on Friday, but couldn't escape it any longer on Saturday, it seemed.

Write more, get naked soon with a cup of coffee...Bye!
-bree-
xoxo


...what happens in my bedroom, stays in my bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! You're most welcome to leave some of your loveable words...