Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Article on Le Mariage Magazine


Wedding...wedding...wedding!

Yes, my friend is going to get married soon and I need a new dress to prepare. This time, I will wear batik dress with a traditional japanese yukata style. For the plan, I've bought 2 meters batik cloth, very cheap yet exotic, aaaand... fashion wedding magz for my guidance! LOL =p I know it might sound funny that I'm so excited to hear that she's going to marry as I hate wedding and am kinda phobia to marriage. Since I was grader, I could promise myself that no marriage and no kids in my life. I want a career. I have never changed my mind. But it's a friend, happy for her!

The piles on the bookstore
You got to know that I'm as excited as writing for Le Mariage---the wedding magz I bought. I was told before that my article was accepted and was going to be in this 3-month edition  (July - September 2011). It's 6 recommended exotic beaches in Indonesia for your honeymoon travel. I show to my Swiss friend, he was inspired to go to one of those 6, although not for a honeymoon. So, maybe you can get the magz and read it, who knows you can use it for your own traveling choices. Especially when you're up for beaches. 

This happiness is my payoff of the drama I got of working in MI a few weeks ago. This is finally my first time, writing for commercial magazine, and what's more important? It's my solo project, not group stuff. My first solo shot and it comes for 4 pages in Le Mariage. I was sooo terrified to get the magz. When it hit the first week of July, I ambushed Gramedia GrandIndo for many times, checking whether the magz would arrive. When it's arrived, I found the piles, covering Elle. I even took a pic of the piles, took one, paid, and left. I stayed at a cafe with a cafe latte and brownies on my table while I check every detail of the magz. My article's headline hit the cover; my background story in the contributor page; my 4 pages article and my name on it. Firstly, I was confused why my name wasn't on the article, but then I found that it was written under the title, black inked, so it was hardly seen. Secondly, I didn't know that the contributor page has 3 pages and I was on the 3rd page. Hahaha... Freak me!
 
I don't know why it's so crazy to have your name and your writing on a magz or newspaper. I even tweeted that and mentioned @mylemariage with a tweetpic of my article page. Gosh.... I kept smiling for one whole day. That day of joy was too hard to forget. Finally, I'm a writer!

What's even cooler? I would be also an intern starting next month, August 2011. I will work my last day as an English teacher on 28th July. Wish me luck!

Me, me, me... xD
 ....what happens in my bedroom, stays in my bedroom....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! You're most welcome to leave some of your loveable words...